VOLUNTEER application form
Please provide your basic information and we will forward it to the agency for follow up
How it Works
How The Volunteering Process Works
The following is a general overview of the volunteering application process. You, the volunteer applicant:
- Completes an application with their local agency and signs agreement of confidentiality
- Participates in a one-to-one interview with a staff member at the Big Brothers Big Sisters agency
- Submits a vulnerable sector screen and criminal record check
- Successfully completes an orientation and child safety training
- Is notified of their acceptance/non-acceptance
- If accepted as a volunteer mentor
The Matching Process
The following is matching:
- The caseworker, now familiar with the volunteer and the children and youth waiting to be matched, discusses a potential match with the volunteer, the child or youth, and, depending on the program, with the family
- The caseworker arranges for a meeting between the child or youth, the volunteer mentor, and often the parent or guardian
If everyone agrees, the match can begin!
Why be a mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters?
Did you know we currently have 173 children on our waitlist in need of a mentor? For just a few hours a week you can help a child in your community reach their highest potential. We are seeking individuals who are committed and consistent and willing to volunteer for at least one year. When you volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters you are joining a family of fun loving, caring individuals who are passionate about mentoring our youth.